Future Founders Names 2017 Fellows: 17 Entrepreneurs You Should Know
Wednesday, January 18, 2017
Posted by: The Collegiate Entrepreneurs Organization
FUTURE FOUNDERS NAMES 2017 FELLOWS: 17 ENTREPRENEURS YOU SHOULD KNOW
Future Founders, a non-profit organization that believes every youth can become an entrepreneur, today announced the 17 entrepreneurs who were selected to participate in the 2017 Fellowship, a part of its Future Founders Startup program. Out of the 17 selected, six (6) of the students are members of CEO Chapter's - our CEO members develop a unique mindset that allows them to become risk adverse and jump into large projects.
The Fellowship is a selective year-long cohort that accelerates the development of the top student entrepreneurs in the nation. Fellows benefit from mentoring, entrepreneurship retreats, a peer community, and volunteer opportunities through Future Founders programs.
“The Fellowship is not your typical accelerator. It is an intensive program that develops both the founders and their businesses, giving them time to grow over a 12-month period,” said Scott Issen, President & CEO, Future Founders. “By connecting Fellows with talented peers, high caliber mentors, and critical resources, we can encourage them to more intentionally pursue entrepreneurship.”
The Fellowship is an initiative of Future Founders Startup, a dynamic platform to engage, equip and empower collegiate entrepreneurs. Future Founders Startup is generously supported by Capital One, The Coleman Foundation, The John E. and Jeanne T. Hughes Foundation, Keywell Foundation, and Motorola Solutions Foundation.
Acceptance into the Fellowship followed a competitive nationwide application and interview process. The 17 entrepreneurs who were selected for the 2017 Fellowship cohort represent 15 schools in nine states. The Fellows’ businesses represent industries including agriculture, consumer products, food and tech.
Congratulations to the 2017 Fellowship cohort:
- Mike Black, ParkingBee, Penn State University, PA
- Claire Coder, Aunt Flow, OH
- Christopher de Leon, HubCharge, Babson College, MA
- Ryan Deitrich, Spared, Inc., University of Tampa, FL
- Anthony Escamilla, Youni, Inc., University at Albany, NY
- Brendon Geils, Campus Genius, Iowa State University, IA
- Rohan Gupta, Bilder, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, IL
- Isaac Hetzroni, IMM PROMOTIONS, University of Florida, FL
- Vinesh Kannan, Omnipointment, Illinois Institute of Technology, IL
- Jason Lees, GoSpot, Northwood University, MI
- Aubrey Lim, Aubrey’s Jerky, California State University, Fresno, CA
- Daniel Natsag, Urban Delivery, University of Illinois at Chicago, IL
- Swarnav Pujari, TouchLight Innovations, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, IL
- Matthew Rooda, SwineTech, Inc., University of Iowa, IA
- Rohan Shah, Slice Capital, University of Pennsylvania, PA
- Shannon Varcoe, TroubleMaker LLC (ZYX Sticks), Lehigh University, PA
- Ben Weiss, Zcruit, Northwestern University, IL
The 2017 Fellows represent Future Founders’ third collegiate cohort. See graduates from the 2015 and 2016 cohorts at https://futurefounders.com/startup/companies/.
For more information, visit http://futurefounders.com/startup/ or contact Katie Sowa, Senior Director, Startups, at firstname.lastname@example.org.